Friday, May 27, 2011

Preamble

This August J and I will have been married for five years, something that seems like an admirable milestone in this unfortunate age of couples who are quick to divorce. I know there have been times we have been super frustrated with one another, but just like they say: we are stronger for it. Another milestone in our relationship is that we are finally both on the same page about starting a family.

If you know me at all, you know that I have been ready since day one. However, like many men, J had to come to it on his own terms and part of that meant selling our condo in Virginia. Well, that 1300 sq. ft burden was gloriously lifted from our shoulders the end of February. I also can't help but wonder that J realized he's not getting any younger and the longer we wait, the older he'll be (and feel) as a parent.

As a lapsed writer, I plan on getting back into the swing of things by documenting our journey;  from trying to conceive to the day we can only hope will have us holding our own little pink, smooshy-faced bundle of joy. Although I will attempt to be graceful in my words, my guess is that some of the posts could lean toward the TMI category. If that's not your kind of thing, I'm going to suggest you read no further. Otherwise, we (meaning I) invite you to join us on this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment