Tuesday, May 31, 2011

This one goes out to the one(s) I love

Let's take a moment to be brutally honest: there are some things about trying to have a baby that concern me. In fact, if I thought about it for too long, I am sure the list would be daunting. But I'll keep it to superficial things right now ... and no, that does NOT have anything to do with gaining weight, stretch marks or anything like that. In fact, I look forward to having a valid excuse for all of those other than the truth which is, I'm very out of shape.

I'm talking about things I would have to give up for at least the nine months of pregnancy: caffeine probably being number one, followed closely by alcohol and third place being pills. I am neither an alcoholic nor a pill-popper but I do like having drinks with my friends whenever the mood strikes (and since we're being honest, the mood strikes most every weekend) and I have become accustomed to advil for aches and pains, unisom for sleepless nights and pretty much every medication on the market for upset tummies.

And caffeine, well, I have a nasty soda habit that I have tried (and failed) to break for years. Oh yes, and sushi. My ideal Friday night consists of sushi and wine. Sigh. However, despite all of that, if it were for the greater good, which it would be, I can adapt. I certainly wouldn't be the first woman to give up some of her faves in order to have a healthy baby.

Maybe I'll be one of those pregnant ladies who craves fruit and veggies? Ha ha ha ha ha ha. OK, I just came back to reality. Pass the pickles and ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment