Monday, July 9, 2012

No Binging, Just Purging

Things not to do while pregnant: get your first bikini wax. ‘Nuff said.

I think I have officially hit the nesting phase. I am feeling an intense need to rid the house of clutter. J and I were able to tackle the guest room/nursery closet and clean it out this weekend. It had basically become a catch-all since we moved in last year and no longer warranted the title of a walk-in. We couldn’t completely empty it, nor will Rosebud need all that space, but we did get rid of a lot of old clothes, boxes and simply reorganize. Ahhh … much better. This desire to purge has me eyeing my own closet and drawers next.

See, I LOVE the idea of organization. I want everything to have its perfect place and stay there. In my reality, it just never happens. If I had unlimited funds, I would buy out The Container Store, and compartmentalize the crap out of everything we own. That being a pipe dream and all, I find that my make-do solutions only last until I get lazy. And well, that doesn’t take long. That's not to say I would be any better with all my little organizers, but again, I like the thought that I would. I am hoping that when Rosebud comes I’ll be a little more vigilant, because it will be the beginning of there being infinitely more stuff in our lives.

Speaking of that stuff, we also started our registry. Wow. It was both fun and overwhelming. I think J assumed my experience as a nanny and/or proclivity toward internet research would better prepare me for deciding what we did and didn’t need. Wrong. I got a little flustered at times because there are so many choices and I didn't know which was best! We found that it's also really hard to find cute, girlish things that aren’t some shade of pink. In the world's most unsurprising news, J is not really a fan, and while I have no desire to drown in pink, I was definitely drawn to it more than most the other choices, but I tried to oblige where I could. Sigh. So, yeah, pink and yellow – there was a lot of that on the registry.

Baby girl is continuing to stay active in the womb and I may have felt some Braxton Hicks contractions last night. I was startled awake by some new sensations in my belly a few times, like there was a belt around my abdomen that was being tightened in intervals by some mean little fairy. Why a fairy, you ask? I don't know. True Blood was on last night; must have fairies on the brain. I digress. Anyway, they seem to subside when I changed positions, but it certainly wasn’t something I had experienced before. I’m sure it’s just a sign of all the strange sensations to come as I get ever closer to my third trimester!

No comments:

Post a Comment