Monday, June 27, 2011

Fun and fretting

J and I are headed to my parents' fab new house for the fourth of July/my birthday weekend. Coming along for the trip are two different sets of cousins: the Atlanta Arnolds and Memphis Stones. Hooray! It should be a nice, relaxing visit and I am really looking forward to spending time with a bunch of people I truly enjoy. Can't beat that, can you?! Let's hope the weather cooperates.

The following week will conclude with our appointment with the reproductive endocrinologist. As the date  approaches, I'm actually getting a little nervous. While I'm excited to start this part of the journey, I would be lying if I didn't admit to being apprehensive as to what it will bring. I am trying to stay positive and convince myself that it will be the easiest of fixes, but seldom does it seem that my medical issues are easy.

I also worry about any potential strain this could lead to in my marriage. Honestly, I think we'll be just fine but I have heard way too many stories about couples that have grown apart during this very emotional time. J and I have discussed potential scenarios in the broad sense before, but what will happen when it all becomes real? That is just something we will have learn as we go.

Does anyone have any advice on how to calm some of my anxiety?

No comments:

Post a Comment