Friday, June 10, 2011

Just keep swimming ...

Here's something I find myself thinking about on a far more regular basis then I would like: semen. First of all, ew. Second of all, moving forward I will refer to it in any form except for the proper one because, well, see the first of all.

Why do I think about it? Because you need it to procreate - duh! How do I think about it? Is J wearing the right underwear to maximize his swimmers? Has he been spending time too much time in hot tubs? Are they Olympic-caliber, Phelps-like swimmers or just the occasional summer swim team type? Can he really weed out all the girl swimmers so we can only have boys like he claims? Okay, maybe not the last one. :)

I mainly keep these thoughts to myself  ... well, until now I guess! J isn't a big fan of discussing this topic and I can't really blame him. It's just one of those weird little things that seem to pop in my mind now that I'm so focused on becoming pregnant.

On a strangely-related note (swimmers=water=ocean=fish), I am also taking prenatal vitamins. Love what they're doing for my nails! However, this particular brand has a DHA supplement, which contains fish oil. If you have never taken fish oil supplements then you are blissfully unaware of the side effect lovingly known as fish burps. Yep, when you take these, you get an unpleasant fishy taste in your mouth when you burp and for whatever reason, you tend to burp more when you take them. Blech.

Wow, I just covered semen and burps in one post. Are you as grossed out as I am right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment