Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Holy guacamole...and catfish...and beer

That is just some of the yummy goodness I filled my tummy with this past weekend. I enjoyed it immensely. I did not enjoy the inability to zip up my pants this morning. Operation Detox is in effect.

We had a lovely time at my parents' new home on the lake. There are few things as fun as floating with friends and night-time boat trips to see fireworks. One of said friends is a sweet little girl age 8. She was giddy to help take care of baby JH3, who was there with us. She kept saying how much she loved babies and wanted to have one, once she was older and married and all that stuff. I couldn't help but smile at how much she reminded me of me. Heck, I still get giddy when I get to help take care of a baby. But this weekend I mainly looked after my own baby, Banana.

And even though I know petless parents resent the comparison, there were some definite similarities about taking care of a child and taking care of the dog. We had fun watching her swim, letting her float on us when she got too tired; made her take a nap if she played too hard; took time to make sure she was fed and having fun; baby gate her in a room for an hour or so when there are too many other people/dogs around. What? You can't do that last one with a kid? My bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment