Friday, July 8, 2011

It's all in the code

I suppose things have a way of working them out, or rather, doctors have a way of coding things to go through insurance.  :)  Overall I feel that things were fine and we're definitely moving in the right direction. I was proud of J:  He only complained about the long wait a couple of times. I give him some slack because he's always been uncomfortable in doctor offices. My goal is to make this process as painless as possible for him.

So, we met with Dr. K and after looking over all the information and asking a few questions, she suggested our first move be an ultrasound. We were able to do it right then. Although most things looked fine, she couldn't rule out either Polycystic Ovary Syndrome or Endometriosis. Some of my egg sacs were a little smaller than they should be but at this particular day in my cycle, she couldn't tell if one would mature.

Given some of my history she believes I could be insulin resistant, which could also be the main cause of my irregular cycles and lack of ovulation. I will have to take a two-hour glucose test to see how my body treats glucose to determine if that is the problem. J also has to have the standard analysis of his swimmers. After those results plus the results from the seven different vials of blood, there will be enough pieces to figure out what the next steps should be.

I'm hoping to get those two tests done in the next couple of weeks. Everything except for J's analysis should be covered by insurance because they do not have to be considered infertility testing and can be coded as gynecology -- yay! We were VERY happy to learn that. Depending on what happens, we can save up for any additional procedures. Hooray for progress and thanks for the prayers and well wishes. We appreciate your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment