Friday, July 15, 2011

One test, two tests, three tests ... more?

Glucose test = done!

I was a little apprehensive about this one solely for the reason that unless there is alcohol in it, I have a very hard time drinking a large amount of liquid in a short period of time . However, I didn't have to drink as much as I feared and although not something I would sip on voluntarily, the drink wasn't as bad as some I have had for other procedures (colonoscopy prep and contrast CT scan, SO GROSS). It actually tasted like a super sweet orange Gatorade. I was tempted to ask if they had it in any other flavors but I already knew the answer.

If you have ever done this test, you know you have your blood drawn, drink the liquid and then wait two hours and have your blood drawn again. I decided to wait it out at the doctor's office and there were a ton of people who came through the waiting room during that time. At one point, I was the lone heterosexual out of three lesbian couples. If you think about it, I guess they are prime patients for a reproductive clinic! There were also two pregnant women who came in for check ups. Admittedly, there is always a small twinge of jealousy that pops up when I see women who are expecting, but in this case, it offers hope as well.

The results from this and last Friday's blood work should come in early next week To avoid going to the office so many times, I plan on asking if there was anything definitive from them or whether we should wait until we do Jarrett's test to start constructing a plan. In the meantime, I'm peeing on ovulation tests and we're continuing to try on our own.

Oh yes, don't be surprised if you start to see me ordering Vodka and Sprite ... a good friend of mine said that was an easy way to make a switch to Sprite only once you do become pregnant and aren't ready to share it with the world. I know the moment I don't order wine or a beer that people would be suspicious of me. Now, since I just let you all in on my little secret, no questions if you see me do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment