Friday, July 22, 2011

Why yes, I would in fact like some cheese with my whine.

I’m having a cranky kind of day. Nothing especially bad has happened but all the little things in life that annoy me seem twice as obvious today. You know what kind of day I’m talking about? Well, I’m hoping that by writing some out, I can release the negative energy surrounding them and enjoy the fact that a) it’s Friday and b) I go on vacation next Wednesday. Here goes:

-    Having the elevator stop at almost every floor during my 20-floor ride to the lobby
-    People who feel the need to press the Lobby button even though it’s already on
-    Leaving my debit card in my suit pants from yesterday
-    Greasy hair because I couldn’t will myself to get up early enough to shower this morning
-    The erosion of the tip of the heel on my favorite shoes
-    Feeling defeated by 9:10 a.m.
-    Regret for things in the past that were out of my control
-    Waiting for the doctor to call back from the message I left at 9:30 a.m. YESTERDAY
-    Still harboring resentment for not having summers off in the working world
-    Fighting the urge to gorge on chocolate before lunch
-    A slow leak in my tire that I forget about until it’s almost lost all air
-    Breaking my no Dr Pepper rule just to survive the morning
-    Sweaty feet
-    The endless want from being a product of mass consumption (it’s how I’m programmed to function!)
-    Women twice my age who look and dress cuter than me
-    Feeling a bit lost career-wise
-    Sacrificing the integrity of something just to make certain people happy

I could go on, but I’ll stop there. How about you — what are some of your tiny annoyances? Feel free to release yours here as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment