Thursday, August 11, 2011

Food for thought ... literally

The major pitfall to any diet, I have decided, is having to think about food so often. When I was eating anything I wanted, I hardly thought about it except to figure out what I wanted for each meal. Now, however, I think about food constantly: Can I eat this? What is an exact serving size? Has it been too long since my last meal? Who can I bribe for a Dr Pepper and a cupcake? It’s rather annoying to have these thoughts running through my head all day long on unending replay.

Frankly, I would prefer to think about anything else: Did the guy who robbed the Waffle House right by our house at gun point flee into our neighborhood? Did we record last night’s episode of Love in the Wild? Will I survive working for an investment management firm in this crazy economy?

If I had to choose between the two evils of eating healthy and working out more consistently, I’m going to have to go with the work outs. Less thought, more doing. And I would be willing to put in the extra effort to work off the bacon cheeseburger. But no, instead I get to be tortured by both a diet AND my new trainer. Couldn’t be happier unless I were dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment