Monday, August 15, 2011

I'm still Lizzie from the block

Anyone else have two lines from the heinous song Jenny from the Block stuck in their head on constant replay? No? Shoot. Going forward, I am going to start strategically planning the last song I hear during my morning commute to avoid tragedies such as these.

We had a nice time with J’s parents this weekend. I hadn't seen them since Christmas. Where does the time go? The highlight was dinner at Ray’s on the River. Parmesan-crusted scallops with lobster risotto, people. And Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc. Yum, yum and more yum. Were these items approved by my diet? Do I care? Answer "no" to both. We all deserve a little happiness, right? At this moment in time, mine happens to come in the form of things you can eat. If you haven’t been there before and you like seafood, I highly recommend it. Lovely little atmosphere and great food.

Worst part of the weekend was probably during a quick spell at the food court when the overpowering scent of Cinnabon wafting through the air, like those cartoons when the animated swirls of aroma have actual hands/fingers that worm their way into your nostrils. It always smells enticing to me but yesterday it was almost too much to bear. I told J that if the devil himself had sat down across from me and offered a deal for my soul just for one bite, I would have said yes in a heartbeat because this girl don’t play no fiddle. No worries though, Lucifer never showed and my soul remains intact.

As for this week, I start with a personal trainer tomorrow and after a hike and a strength-training workout yesterday, my body is already a bit achy. I have never experienced that so-called 'good' pain of exercise. Pain is pain and none of it feels very pleasant. I know this is the right thing to do in order to achieve the health results I need and want, but I’m a little scared. I have never been enthusiastic about paying someone so they can make me hurt. I'm a big believer in paying people to make you feel good, like massage therapists.

And for those of you on Facebook who may have seen my vague status post about revealing the results of my latest inspiration, you only have a few more days to wait. There will be sorrow and joy, this I promise. I'll be curious to know which side each of you land on.

No comments:

Post a Comment