Friday, August 26, 2011

Grumpy Bear

How many of you have ever wished you could take a vacation from yourself? And if you’re feeling that way about hanging out with you, how must those who deal with you every day feel? That is a scenario I have been dealing with lately. Pretty much everything that has come out of my mouth in the last few weeks has been negative … and don’t even get me started on the things in my head that I don’t say out loud!

I’m trying to chalk it up to the bevy of changes that have taken place since being told to make the changes to my diet and exercise regimen. Not to mention that the medication I’m on makes me super nauseated for a few hours each day. All of that leads to an unhappy combination and that’s WITH being back on my anti-depressants! Big changes like that can be difficult to adjust to and I’m hoping that things will even out soon.

Yesterday was a prime example of my current state of mind: We attended the Virginia Tech Atlanta Alumni Association Kick-Off Happy Hour, except, nothing was happy about it for me. After a particularly rough day at work, I had zero energy around being social and it would have been best had I just excused myself and stayed at home to pout. With every whine or complaint that fell from my lips, I told myself to STOP, because no one likes to be around a negative Nancy, myself included, but I have never been one of those people who can pretend to be happy and in a good mood when I’m not. My moods are on crystal clear display at all times.

As much as I enjoy time with friends, I am eagerly awaiting this weekend because we have NOTHING planned. Football season starts next weekend, which means hanging at the Hokie bar every Saturday … and I’m looking forward to it, but I think a couple days of no social obligations will be good for me before taking that plunge.

So, confession time: How often do you wish there was an OFF button when you're feeling cranky?

No comments:

Post a Comment